Therapy Playground, Inc is planning a gradual reopening for face to face services over the next month. We will allow patients to resume face to face services as your therapist returns to the office for their work day. We will contact you the week before your therapist is available for face to face services to determine your interest and scheduling needs.
As we reopen, we are implementing procedures that allow us to keep everyone as safe as possible. While we are implementing these safety procedures to stop the spread of COVID, there is still risk of transmission. If you opt to begin face to face services, this is what you can expect:
- Your child will have their temperature taken prior to entering the building. Please wait in the appropriately marked places in the parking lot for your turn. If someone is not at our front door to greet you, please contact the office at the number below to let us know of your arrival.
- Cumberland Rd: 910-423-5622
- Fisher Rd: 910-242-4114
- Cain Rd: 910-822-3490
- Spring Lake: 910-240-3232
- You will be asked questions about your family’s potential COVID exposure. If you answer yes to any of these questions, we respectfully ask you to remain on a 2 week hold for face to face services. Teletherapy services may continue during that time.
- Are you or your child experiencing symptoms of COVID-19? This includes fever, chills, cough, shortness of breath, or sore throat.
- Have you or a close family member tested positive for COVID-19? This includes people waiting for their tests to come back.
- Have you or your child come in contact with anyone that is known or suspected to have COVID-19?
- Have you or your child traveled outside of NC to other countries or within the US (particularly regarding current “hot spots” such as NY)?
- A parent may accompany the child to the treatment room if the parent’s presence is required in therapy. Parents must wear a mask. Siblings will not be allowed inside our building.
- Children (and parents if they enter our building) will be required to wash their hands before entering the treatment room.
- Therapists may wear masks, face shields and gloves while in the treatment session. Therapists may also use a plexiglass partition with children as appropriate.
- Therapists will return your child to your car at the end of the treatment sessions. At some of our locations, the therapist and child will exit through a different door than the entrance.
- Our waiting rooms and bathrooms will be closed through the end of June. Patients in treatment can use our bathrooms, but parents and siblings cannot.
- Materials and treatment rooms will be sanitized between patients. We will not use materials that cannot be sanitized.
Please do not bring toys from home to your therapy session. If your therapist asks you to bring something specific to therapy, please make sure it is in a sealed ziploc bag.
If you decide to continue with telehealth or therapy hold, please let the office person who contacts you know of your decision. We will continue to allow therapy holds for COVID reasons through June 30th. Our goal as a clinic is to bring the majority of our patients back for face to face services by July 1st.
Please do not hesitate to contact our office at (910)423-5622 with any questions or concerns.
Therapy Playground, Inc.