Therapy Playground provides direct and consultative speech-language pathology services to individuals with a variety of communication disorders. Services include:
• Speech-Language Evaluation and Treatment: Our agency will evaluate and treat communication disorders in children and developmentally delayed adults. We have experience working with individuals with autism, mental retardation, hearing impairment, cleft palate, apraxia, dysarthria, and various genetic syndromes. Communication disorders we are able to diagnose and treat include articulation/phonological deficits, language impairment, stuttering, and voice disturbances. We are able to provide these services by contractual agreement or through billing of the patient’s insurance.
• Physical Therapy Evaluation and Treatment: Our agency will evaluate and treat gross motor coordinative disorders as well as equipment needs of children. We have experience working with a variety of individuals; diagnoses to include autism, spina bifida, cerebral palsy, hemiplegia, traumatic brain injury, developmental delays, and a variety of genetic syndromes. We are able to work with local equipment vendors to secure wheelchairs, bath seats, feeder seats, etc, as well as cast for AFOs.
• Occupational Therapy Evaluation and Treatment: Our agency will evaluate and treat fine motor coordinative disorders as well as sensory integrative disorders of children. We have experience working with a variety of individuals; diagnoses to include autism, attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD), cerebral palsy, hemiplegia, traumatic brain injury, developmental delays, and a variety of genetic syndromes. Common disorders often referred for include difficulty with handwriting, fine motor delay, and sensory integrative dysfunction.
• Therapeutic Listening: Our agency will complete pediatric therapeutic listening assessments using Vital Links CD’s.
• Feeding Evaluation and Treatment: Our agency will complete pediatric feeding assessments and provide consultation to caregivers regarding appropriate feeding methods. We have been trained in a variety of oral motor exercise programs and use a holistic approach in treating the child with feeding disorders.
- Play-based Therapy (CBRS) – Community Based Rehabilitative Services (CBRS.) is developmental intervention uniquely designed to enhance cognitive, physical, behavioral, self-help, social-emotional, and language skills. This rehabilitative therapy for infants and toddlers is “play with a purpose.” CBRS is one service available to support children and families from birth to age three who have been determined eligible by the Children’s Developmental Services Agency (CDSA) for the North Carolina Infant Toddler Program. Visit the North Carolina Early Intervention website www.ncei.org for more information on the CDSA in your area and the NC Infant Toddler program.
• Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA): We are teamed up with “Carolina Center for ABA” (919-371-2848) and they assess and provide ABA therapy to children with a variety of developmental disorders. ABA is a method of behavioral conditioning that teaches and reinforces desired behaviors while extinguishing undesired behaviors. This technique has been found to help teach new skills and improve communication abilities for children with autism spectrum and other developmental disorders.